The Extension Ashland County office has many resources including equipment lending and test kits.
- Food Dehydrators—including 4 trays, fruit roll sheet, and clean-a-screen
- Extra Dehydrator Trays—sets of 2
- Pressure Canner
- Water Bath Canner
- Juicer / Steamer
- Jerky Works Kit
Come to the Extension office to sign out or call ahead to reserve FoodWIse Nutrition Program Kitchen Equipment. Loan periods are for 3 or 7 days. Equipment is loaned on a first-come, first-serve basis and may be borrowed to anyone over 18 years of age and is expected to be returned in clean, standard operating condition.
- Have your own pressure canner? Extension can test the dial gauge on your pressure canner.
- Borrow the Kill A Watt Meter – Electricity Usage Monitor.
This is a device that measures the electrical use of equipment in your home. An appliance is plugged into the meter, which is then plugged into an outlet. The Kill A Watt meter measures how much electricity the appliance is using and displays this value on the screen. Use the Kill A Watt meter to measure the electricity use of your refrigerator, clothes washer, television, computer and more.
- Extension office and the learning store online have many print publications available too! Download a free PDF of most publications or hard copies are available for a fee.
- Example publications include Making Jams, Jellies & Fruit Preserves or Youth Gardening to Gypsy Moths.
Testing Resources with a Fee:
- Come in and pick-up Water Tests kits for Bacteria, Fluoride or Nitrate and testing instructions. These are filled and sent in by each individual to the Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene who will send a bill for testing.
- Come in and pick-up Soil Sample bags and testing instructions. Soil samples of 2 cups are taken by each individual and mailed in approved bags to the Soil and Forage Analysis Lab. To test each sample of field and crops soil costs $8, each sample of lawn and garden soil costs $15.
Extension Ashland County Office
201 West Main Street
Ashland County Courthouse, Room 107
Ashland, WI 54806
Phone # 715-682-7017
Office hours: 8am-4pm Monday-Friday