The Ashland County Extension Office Manager is an employee of Ashland County. As a valuable member of the Extension team, the office manager supports the projects and programs of the UW-Madison Division of Extension Ashland County educators. Extension team members teach, learn, lead and serve the people of Ashland County by connecting them with University of Wisconsin research and resources in the areas of youth development, community development, human development and relationships, agriculture, horticulture and nutrition. The Office Manager understands the value of Extension’s mission and is an essential participant in the success of events, programs and projects.
Deadline: Application portal will remain open until position is filled.
If you would like to apply for this position, follow the link below.
$15 – $17 an hour
Provide support to Extension educators:
- Design and edit educational materials such as newsletters, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, display boards, and reports;
- Assist with event and program arrangements, scheduling, and promotion;
- Manage Extension Ashland County web pages, Facebook pages and other social media;
- Provide clientele with information, supplies and referrals to local and state Extension resources;
- Use 4-H Online to manage 4-H enrollments, project information and mailings; and
- Complete additional tasks as requested from County Extension Educators.
Manage overall office functions:
- Perform bookkeeping functions, track budgets and process invoices and vouchers;
- Serve as receptionist for walk-in clientele, phone calls and social media contacts;
- Coordinate inventory and maintain availability of office supplies and equipment;
- Participate in and record notes of staff meetings;
- Provide support to the Ashland County Ag & Extension Committee meetings including distributing agendas and recording minutes;
- Coordinate tasks with part-time office assistant;
- Collaborate with office team to promote a positive office environment;
- Participate in training to learn new software or skills; and
- Other general office duties as needed.
- Some post-high school college or technical education/training;
- At least two years of office experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and the public;
- Demonstrated competency in writing and editing;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, Word, Publisher and Powerpoint;
- Ability to follow complex directions and exercise initiative in performance of assigned duties; and
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn additional necessary software such as WordPress and 4-H Online.
- Community college, technical or bachelor’s degree;
- Experience managing multiple tasks and timelines while maintaining high quality of work;
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and success in effectively interacting with a diverse range of individuals, groups and organizations; and
- Familiarity with aspects of Extension programming.