If it happens on a farm or in a field, the Extension Ashland County works with you to achieve better results. Our innovative dairy management programs range from genetics to farm and business management. Extension researchers work hand-in-hand with row crop, forage and fresh produce growers to provide best practices for every aspect of the growing phase. We also advise communities on using sustainable practices to create inviting spaces free from invasive species. Our work supports people, communities and businesses.
Jason Fischbach serves Ashland & Bayfield Counties as the Agriculture Educator
With the support of state services and programming Jason helps to provide education across Ashland and Bayfield County through a wide range of topics:
- Soil and Plant Analysis Lab
- University of Wisconsin Garden Facts
- Forestry Extension Resources
- Center for Dairy Profitability
- Integrated Pest & Crop Management
- Small Farm Resources
- The Plant Disease Diagnostics Clinic
- The UW-Madison/Extension Plant Disease Diagnostics Clinic (PDDC) provides assistance in identifying plant diseases and provides educational information on plant diseases and their control.
- Insect Diagnostic Lab
- The Insect Diagnostic Lab was established to identify insects and insect damaged plant material from around the state. Primary service is to the county extension office and commercial concerns. The lab processes between 1,500-2,300 samples per year.