The Feast by the Bay website has been designed as an information hub that showcases the successes and ongoing progress of the local food movement in the Chequamegon Bay Region.
FoodWIse advances healthy eating habits, active lifestyles and healthy community environments for families with limited incomes through nutrition education at the individual, community and systems levels.
Programs like this are beneficial to families in our community, especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our educators use resources, such as MyPlate, as a reminder to find your healthy eating style and build it throughout your lifetime. Everything you eat and drink matters. The right mix can help you be healthier now and in the future.
FoodWIse Coordinator, Stephanie Bakker and educators, Deborah Leonard (Iron County) and Sarah Tarkington (Ashland and Bayfield County) would like to share some weekly, healthy recipes that are pantry and budget friendly! Check out the FoodWIse Friday Recipes, which we will be updating weekly.
Food & Nutrition
- FoodWIse – Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition publications
- Partnership for Food Safety Education – Fight Bac!
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA National Agricultural Library)
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Food Safety – Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
- Nutrition.gov (Guide to Nutrition & Health Information on Federal Government websites)
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Nutrition & Physical Activity information from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention