The moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally here! The 4-H Ashland County Spring Arts Contest is officially open starting today through Tuesday, May 30! The theme this year is decoupage, and you can pick up canvases, mod podge, and paper materials starting Saturday May 6 from 10:00AM to 1:00PM at the Ashland County Courthouse. Materials will also be available from 8:00-4:00 the following week! Contact the office if you need a different time to pick up materials. Please see important information below:
5-6 years old
7-8 years old
9–10 years old
11–12 years old
13–14 years old
15–16 years old
17-19 years old
Contest Rules & Reminders
- Exhibits are judged on 3 categories: Originality (design), Quality (composition), & Aesthetics (color/tones)
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- All artworks must be the individual entrant’s original creation.
- Participants should write their first and last name on the back of the work.
- Use the Extension Office materials (ready Saturday, May 6, 10AM-1PM), and/or your own items.
- Artwork entries are due by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, May 30, 2023.
- Hand-in artwork at the Ashland County Extension Office.
- Remember to bring artwork with a finished 2023 Spring Art Contest Entry Form
- All artworks will be displayed in a public venue!
- After artwork is returned, consider keeping yours for the County Fair!
Monetary awards are given to each age group winner. Judging will be before the awards ceremony on June 1.
Some Ideas, Videos, and Inspiration to Get You Started!
- Tear or cut images from magazines, newspapers, etc., or create your own pictures.
- Gently paste your selected pictures on the object so they stick well.
- Decoupage for Beginners Video
- Step-by-Step Decoupage Video
- Decoupage on Canvas Video(turn closed captioning on to see instructions)