The time has come for the 2022 4-H Spring Art Contest! This year, the theme is String Art! With help from an adult, work to create a masterpiece by winding string around nails on a square wood block. The possibilities are endless… from a green 4-H Clover to abstract sunset scene! Monetary prizes will be given to the top art pieces from each age category. Please call 715-682-7017 with any questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Extension Office is located at 201 West Main Street room 107, Ashland WI, 54806.
- 5-6 years
- 7-8 years
- 9-10 years
- 11-12 years
- 13-14 years
- 15-16 years
- 17-19 years
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- All artwork must be the individual entrant’s original creation.
- Art work must be done using wood and nails: provided at the Extension Office starting April 18th or use your own
- Wood can be left plain, stained, painted, or covered with fabric.
- All string types and colors are allowed (embroidery floss, crocheting thread, yarn, etc.).
- Participants should write their first and last name on the backside of the wood at the top.
- Entries must be dropped off with an entry form at the Extension Office by 4:00 pm on May 2nd, 2022
- Exhibits will be judged on: Originality, Quality, and Aesthetic Quality (design, composition, color/tones).
- All exhibits will be displayed at the Vaughn Library starting Mid May!
- All exhibitors are strongly encouraged to enter their exhibits in the Ashland County Fair.
The Ashland County 4-H Leaders Association is proud to sponsor a tape art painting project and contest for all Ashland County 4-H Youth (and friends) and you are invited to tap into your inner artist and submit an entry, you could even win a cash prize! Canvases and tape are being provided by the Leaders Association.
You can view and download the official rules and the contest entry form here.
Entries will be photographed and displayed on our website, and all entries will be part of an exhibit at the Chequamegon Food Co-op in June!
- Canvases and tape will be available for pickup from the Ashland County Extension office beginning April 28th.
- Completed tape art paintings are due back into our office for judging by May 10th (end of day).
- Judges will be finished judging by May 19th and awards will be announced later that week. Judging will occur in our office, and awards will be mailed on a later date.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please call the Ashland County Extension office, 715-682-7017.